Re: Lazy weekend

I can sympathize Cyndi. And if you were canning anything in the kitchen on a day like today, I think they'd send the men with the funny white coats for you! It is way to hot to turn on a stove. All cooking here could be accomplished by simply throwing raw meat onto the sidewalk. I'm sure it would be done in no time! When it gets to hot that I have to wear shoes outside or else I really will burn the bottom of my feet on the pavement- then that is just too much. Stay cool and enjoy your books.

Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:
Temperature is in the hundreds again for the weekend and I am, as they say,
not doing jack. I picked zucchini, okra, and tomatoes yesterday morning,
pulled a couple weeds, and that was it. Today I went out just to see what
was up and something bit me on the thigh - probably an ant, since I was
sitting on the ground in a shady spot. My whole thigh hurts like anything, I
ended up taking an antihistamine hoping it would help. You'd think I'd know
better than to sit outside wearing shorts, but apparently not. I decided not to go hiking yesterday morning and my friend called last night
hoping I'd go today. Don't think so, I said and then she admitted it was
over 90 when they went yesterday morning at 6 am. She has this enormous
Alaskan malamute and I told her it was insane to take him into the hills in
this kind of heat. I think she actually listened. A thunderstorm moved in yesterday afternoon and muttered at us for an hour
or so, but no rain. At least the temps dropped into the high 90s while the
cloud cover was there. Maybe we'll get it again today, but so far it's
clear. I have a lot of preserving to get done for my fair entries but I just can't
bring myself to get into the kitchen. Gaah. I may have to take a couple days
off to get it done, my time window is shrinking rather dramatically. So in the end I'm managing only to read a few books and check the computer.
I feel like the wicked witch..."I'm melting! I'm melting!". I LIKE the heat,
but this is excessive.