Re: Black Swallowtail Caterpillars

Bonnie Morgan wrote:
right. Does anyone know of a black and orange butterfly (no white dots)
other than a monarch? That's what was dancing over my border. They weren't
Tiger swallowtails (no stripes.) By the time I got my camera, they had
danced out of sight.

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)
I can't say for sure lacking picture (and a butterfly book),
but the Viceroy might/could fit the bill.
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7