Re: Lazy weekend

Cyndi, you should send Bonnie the canning info I couldn't find for her plums! I haven't canned jam for 20 years.
Judy B
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 7:57 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Lazy weekend

All of those! I can tomato sauce, salsa, whole tomatoes, various other
tomato products, green beans, pickles of various veggies, and then there's
the jams & jellies; I dry tomatoes and make fruit leather; I freeze corn
(when we grow it), peas, peppers, and melon. Keeping onions is a problem
though, they don't preserve well. We're talking about buying a cheap fridge
to keep in the garage.
This year I've only managed 3 batches of jam. But I wanted to cut back,
after all. I deliberately didn't do many green beans, and the tomatoes are
not doing all that well (too hot too early) - so while I will have enough to
make a few jars of this n' that, I don't have 90 pounds of anything to deal
with.

Cyndi