Re: Bulldog vs. Bunnies: Bunnies 2, Bulldog 0 (OT)

Such big ole babies. Sounds familiar.....;-)
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 5:14 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Bulldog vs. Bunnies: Bunnies 2, Bulldog 0 (OT)

O.K., I just tried an experiment with bulldog Susan just now. She usually
stays very close to me all the time, so I thought I'd take her in the
backyard for her constitutional this afternoon and let her off lead to see
if she would still stay close. She slowly moved far enough away to do part
of her business, came back for praise and ventured a little further out to
do the rest of it, accidentally flushing out two field rabbits!

They scared it right out of her, poor thing. If she had a tail (more than a
knot on her rump) it would have been between her legs as she came barreling
past me, around the corner, through the garage to the relative "safety" of
the back door. Once inside, she went straight to her kennel and curled up
in the back of it away from those big mean old rabbits.

So much for the big, muscular, fierce bulldog image. LOL!!!

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)