Re: Texas Storm

Swimming.  Always wanted a swimming pool....just not have the house in  the
middle of one.
No flooding in the house, although tons of leaks in the roof.  More  rain
than any hurricane, too much for the gutters to handle, and it's getting  under
shingles, etc.  Subdivision roads are flooded, can't get out of the  house.
Enough with the rains already....we were doing fine with rains  before this storm
hit.  Had too much rain last week already .....but this  is awful. Bayous are
full, so they can't handle the run off anymore.
 Stood at the back door and watched fish, tadpoles, toads, and turtles
swimming around on the patio.  Not much I can do about it.  Toads and  Turtles will
find their way back into the ponds.  Our fig tree is  loaded  with figs, but
most of them unfortunately are splitting and falling  off due to all the
rains.  Plants seem to be fine, but the turf grass out  front is dead.....it doe
sn't get a chance to dry out enough to come  back.  Not necessarily a bad thing,
but we already had the minimum amount  of turf required by the deed
Last year we didn't have enough rain, this year it's WAY too much.   Sure
wish SO much some of this would go north to Pam......even San Antonio,  only a
couple hours from here, isn't getting any.  I know I should not  complain, we
wished for rain last year, but enough already!!!!!!!  Only  good thing, temps
have been way below normal for days now.  Only good  thing.  Even got to turn
off the A/C, was too cold in here.   Definittely a first for July.
Anyone have a boat I can borrow??
zone 9
soggy Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 7/26/2006 3:10:04 PM Central Standard Time,