Re: Recipe source

Wow Kitty...I felt like I was reading a romance book...*sigh*...he
sounds dreamy. And I could almost SEE the smile on your face when I read
that.

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
  I grew up with different eating habits from the rest of you. All
vegetables were canned - as in DelMonte canned. Most meat was cooked until
grey, had something to do with my dad's ulcer. So it's no wonder I didn't
eat much meat; besides, there was always potato bread to fill up on. I
remember going to my first steakhouse on my first real date in the late
60s - I ordered a ham sandwich, explaining to my date that I don't like
steak. In my house steak meant roundsteak, cooked forever in onion soup,
tough as shoeleather. That's all I knew.
Then I met the love of my life. He'd been a chef. When he offered to make
me a steak I said I don't like steak. He decided to change my mind. How
about a salad to go with it? "I don't eat salad." (lettuce was my mother's
bread - no one else ever touched it because we liked real bread) He made me
the most delicious butt steak, medium rare, and a fantastic salad with his
own recipe Roquefort dressing. I was in heaven! (heck, even without the
food I was in heaven back then, but the steak! the salad!, ohhhh....those
were the days!

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5