Gene's Articles

I always enjoy finding an article from you in one of my magazines. It's neat
knowing a "celebrity"! Although I haven't read my Fine Gardening Magazine
yet, I pointed out your article to my husband who I think feels I'm a bit on
the wacky side with all my online friends!  I just re-read an older article
on ground covers for shade that you wrote for the American Gardener. Your
photos are always nice. I appreciate the fact that most of what you write
about is represented by a photo.  It saves me the time that it would take to
look up the plant online.

I wanted to tell you that the plants I ordered from you this spring are
doing great! I pointed out the scutellaria incana to everyone this summer.
It has such lovely sky blue flowers.  It is fun to grow something brand new
(to me that is). Most everything you sent is planted in the same bed, so I
can easily keep an eye on how the plants are doing. Sometimes, I plant
things and forget that they are new and need extra TLC. Then before I know
it, the plant is being smothered by a more aggressive perennial or has
wilted because it needed extra water in its first year here.

What's the next article going to be on?

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)