Re: hybrids

Editorial pages tend to be political advertisements, Kitty. At present there is a minor internecine war going on between the arch conservative editorial board of the Wall Street Journal and its newsroom over editorial opinion based on Bush "talking points" about Iraq v. what is observed by those dodging bullets in Bagdad. Amusing if you're not party to it in either locale.

On Jul 30, 2006, at 2:55 PM, Kitty wrote:

Please note, Jim, that this was on the editorial page, not in the car section.
Yes, it had a definite slant against hybrids as the author said, "I prefer big, heavy, and safe." Note, too, that *I* don't equate big and heavy with safe.
The main thrust of her editorial (from Scripps, not local) was that she resented the "halos" people felt they were wearing for driving hybrids or for even suggesting they were looking at one.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hybrids

I wouldn't take it too seriously. We get lots of "service" articles in our local paper lauding Ford's big clunkers, so I suspect it has more to do with who owns the paper than the veracity of the research. 99 percent of the "liberal" media in this country is owned by conservative yahoos who pretty much print whatever the Chamber of Commerce blesses.