Re: Black Swallowtail Caterpillars/ First time here

The name rings a bell, Auralie
Do you know if he relatively recently took over the family gardens and wrote a gardening book... out on the circuit making presentations and pushing his book? He was in this area last year late doing a presentation. I did not get a chance to attend. I have heard of Stonecrop Nursery, keep intending to follow through because of JoAn's interest in sedums and hens and chicks and troughs. Never enough time to follow through on all the details...
Out to cut the grass before the heat builds up beyond tolerance. I cut half of last night about 4:30 through a bit after 6 and it was like a blast furnace out there.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Wish I could, Gene, but the calendar seems to be filling up already.
That's a busy time of year.
If you ever find yourself in this part of the country, be sure to visit
Stonecrop Nursery in Cold Spring.  I'm sure it started as a rich man's
tax dodge - the owner is Frank Cabot, of the Massachusetts Cabots
who speak only to God - but it has become a really significant
nursery of rock garden plants. Their early structures were huge
hypertufa troughs covered with all sorts of alpines and creeping
plants.  They have enlarged greatly since those days - twenty-five
or more years ago - and it's really worth the trip to see.