From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 8:58 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hybrids

My neighbor has a 2004 Prius, and he consistently gets 58 mpg.  It's my
understanding that, around here anyway, the wait is due entirely to demand.
I've heard Toyota is building new plants to make more.  In the meantime
there is the Toyota Yaris that is not a hybrid but does get around 38 mpg,
and it lists from $10k to about $13k.  There is a wait in getting delivery
on them, too.  I know because I went to the Toyota dealer to look at one.
I'm not getting a new car for a while, but I'm definitely getting something
with more than the 20 mpg I'm getting now when I do.
zem