RE: New family member

In the fall, there is a great roundup (look under events) at Big South
Forks http://www.bigsouthforkinfo.com/
...a national Park that spans Tennessee & Kentucky).  It is plateau
country, not anything like the Smoky's, with all sorts of riding trails.
Several of our neighbors who are into riding go up there frequently.