dry as an old bone

I am struggling to keep my trees, shrubs and perennials alive as it is
so dry that the yard is cracking. I still have some twice-blooming iris
and three tricyrtis to plant but am not sure I can keep them alive. I
have been babying a young sycamore...it lost all its leaves but I just
noticed three new green ones yesterday so it may make it. I'm worried
about a trip we need to make at the end of the month. We'll be gone for
ten days and I'm concerned that many things will be gonners when we get
back.

What is strange is that even though my tulip populars are in a place
that gets watering their leaves are turning yellow and many of my asters
are starting to put out buds and bloom!!! Usually they bloom in late
August and early September!!!

Bonnie Zone 7/7 ETN
Remember: The River Raisen, The Alamo, The Maine, The Alamo, Pearl Harbor, 9/11