Re: dry as an old bone

So do I. It "spit" for a minute this afternoon, and the sun didn't even bother going behind a cloud. Now there is steam coming off the street. Everything is just pitiful here. It has rained all around us, but just not here. One of my friends told me, "Somebody's not paying the preacher!" Now, how's that for a Southernism?
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] dry as an old bone

Sure wish this monsoon of ours would head east.  Believe me.

On 7/3/07, Bonnie Holmes <holmesbm@usit.net> wrote:

Problem is that I started planting before I attended some of the seminars
on dealing with water scarcity...my stuff is really spread out over 1 3/4
acres. Some beds were determined by existing trees that I wanted to stay.
I'm going to try the bottle method in places were there is shade...in the
sun, I'm thinking that the water will get too hot.  Don't know about the
rest.

Harbor, 9/11

--
Pam Evans