Re: dry as an old bone

Well, we need the rain terribly.  It was predicted for today and
tomorrow, and has been quite overcast since mid-morning, but
so far not a drop.  However we've been having an unusually cool
start to summer.  Ten days ago the temps were in the 40s, but
just a week ago it shot up to the 80s on Tuesday and low 90s
on Wednesday.  Then a brief thunderstorm with less than half
an inch of rain brought the temps back down, and it hasn't been
above the low 70s in the daytime since.  It's been in the low
50s at night - 51 this morning.  This might be typical weather
in Maine, but not lower New York.  Right now it's 69.  I do
hope this dismal-looking weather brings us some rain - I am
not really able to carry water to all the places that need it, and
we don't dare just run the hose since we are on a well.
Auralie

In a message dated 07/04/2007 12:37:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,