Re: Rhinoceros Beetle

Yes, yes! Pictures, please. They're among my favorite plagues.

On Jul 5, 2007, at 6:21 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

This afternoon there was a female rhinoceros beetle on my front porch. She was so beautiful. I was going to take a picture, but my camera's battery was dead. :o( I'm hoping to see her, or her mate, sometimes soon; then I will take a picture. A male was on the porch a few months ago, and he was really cool with his black horn. The one there today was pale olive green with black "trim." She was about 2" long and at least an inch wide. I am constantly
rewarded for not using pesticides.
zem
zone 7
West TN
Where we did get a sprinkle for about 10 minutes this afternoon...

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10