Re: Sink

Well, my heariest congratulations to you, Jim! I have a double sink in my kitchen that was likely purchased by a WWII bride. <LOL>
zem
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 4:30 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Sink

Today is the day that we bought a new kitchen sink. The very idea of buying a new kitchen sink seemed so odd to me at first that I wondered if someone had put something weird in our water. It would be hard to argue that didn't need replacing; some of the porcelain on old sink had worn away and it had been chipped here and there. But, even so, its main offense was its color--a sort of mustard yellow.

So we went to the local mom-and-pop plumbing store. Guy there told us to go to Lowe's, find the one we wanted, get the model number, and he would beat the price. And he'd beat the price on the fixture, too. So that's what we did. We're getting a red, single Kohler sink--at about 5 percent less than Lowe's price and with delivery about 4 weeks sooner than Lowe's could guarantee.

We decided on a single sink for two reasons. One, we've got pots and pan that won't fit in either compartment of a double sink [including those goofy asymmetrical doubles] and the hump that makes it a double takes up at least 4 inches of potentially useable space; two, the more we talked about it, the more came to the conclusion that the double sink was an idea--one side to wash, one side to rinse--whose time had passed. One probably has to be a WWII war bride to still do dishes that way.

Anyway... we're now going to have this glorious red, very large sink.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10