Re: OT - sign from above or no??

A sort of cupboard or wardrobe - there may be a better name for it.
It was a large piece of furniture with a space for hanging clothes
on one side and drawers on the other aand across the bottom.
There was a false front piece on the top about a foot high -
carved into a shape - that my grandmother stored hat boxes behind.
Very nineteenth century.

In a message dated 07/07/2007 9:49:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tchessie1@sbcglobal.net writes:

OK- so I've wondered in the past- what exactly is a chifferobe?

Theresa