Re: OT - chifforobe and life events

I hate hearing that, Theresa. Divorce, no matter how desired or "amicable," is one of the most stressful experiences one can endure. I know this because I've done it a lot. Keep your spirits up; you've got a friend here.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - chifforobe and life events

Ah yes, sounds very cool actually. However, wouldn't be much use to me, as I've never owned a hat box in my life. For that matter, other than baseball hats, I think I've only worn a hat once as a teenager on Easter. Guess I'm just not a hat person.

On another completely off topic- I wanted to share that I've got one more major life event going on currently. I am in the process of getting divorced. My choice, but still stressful. Not sure you all need this info, but since it feels like we all know each other, I felt like I wanted to share it.

Theresa

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
A sort of cupboard or wardrobe - there may be a better name for it.
It was a large piece of furniture with a space for hanging clothes
on one side and drawers on the other aand across the bottom. There was a false front piece on the top about a foot high - carved into a shape - that my grandmother stored hat boxes behind. Very nineteenth century. In a message dated 07/07/2007 9:49:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, tchessie1@sbcglobal.net writes:

OK- so I've wondered in the past- what exactly is a chifferobe?

Theresa

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
That sort of thing happens.  When I was a child, I named a kitten
Dr.Pepper, as that was a new and popular drink then. A few months later Dr.Pepper produced a litter of kittens in the bottom
drawer of an old chifferobe where my grandmother stored all her
paper dress patterns.  Auralie