RE: tired now Pam!

My husband and I have sort of a running joke whenever we get a new
addition to the family. You get a dog or a cat and there's always a
period of settling in, they are not like the previous animal and
inevitably you subconsciously expect them to be that way so you're
irritated when they're not. When we got our lab he was young and
energetic, so different than our old rottweiler, we called him the "evil
dog" because he caused so much havoc. But Roxie passed away and a while
later we adopted Trixie the rottweiler, less than a year old, she was
(and still is) a real piece of work. Suddenly Vader was the "good dog",
overnight he became this obedient paragon when in reality he was the
same, it was just that we were used to him. This has happened with
almost all our pets, so the joke is that whoever remains becomes the
good one and the new arrival gets to be the "evil" dog or cat.
Anyway when you get a new cat it will not be the same, you already know
that intellectually but emotionally it will still happen, you expect the
old habits and they won't be there so you will be disappointed. Which is
not to say that you should keep a kitten that pees on your bed, this
little guy seems not to be the right one for you, but when you do bring
in another just keep that in mind because your subconscious will be
prejudiced.
It looks like we are going to adopt the stray mama kitty now living in
our bathroom and find homes for the kittens. She is not the best looking
cat in the world (very sweet though) and it's harder to find a home for
an adult. My friends say, oh she can be an outdoor cat and you can keep
one kitten, but I remember my last outdoor cat getting killed by my own
dogs and I'm not going there again if I can help it.

Cyndi