Re: spiders

Hmm-  I have lots of birds and wasps too- but still have more spiders.

Theresa

james singer wrote:
snipurl.com/1o47d
On Jul 10, 2007, at 8:04 AM, Cathy Carpenter wrote:

Probably other spiders :o)!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Jul 9, 2007, at 10:36 PM, Theresa W wrote:

So--- have you found anything to get rid of them?  What are
spiders' natural predator?  Something must eat them??

Theresa

Jesse Bell wrote:
I have those same spiders too. Water hose doesn't stop them, they are
back the next day. Brooms don't stop them. They build webs from one
potted plant to the next. They seem worse this year for some reason.
  Theresa W <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Does anyone know of a relatively nontoxic way to get rid of
spiders? We have so many around the outside of the house this
year, that you can't walk out the back door without getting web in
your face. Also, the same is true on many plants. There are webs
all over my pyracantha- to the point that it is really ugly. Since
it never rains here, they don't get cleaned off. Its just a mess.
I like the regular garden spiders- with their lovely symetrical
webs- they are fine. It is all the other ones (especially the one
that keeps building a web over my mason bee box everyday!!) that
I've got to do something about. I've tried removing them with a
broom (repeatedly), spraying them down with the hose, etc. Nothing
works for more than a couple of hours....
Advice please!
Theresa
Jesse R. Bell "Our society is run by insane people for insane
objectives.  I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends
and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.
That's what's insane about it."  -  John Lennon

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10