Re: Was more texas wildlife, not sure

WOW...what a nice write-up about Curtis.  You've had a very interesting life Island Jim.

  When I was a college lad I had a friend, Curtis Zahn
(http://sandysiegel.homestead.com/WestsideWeekly.html), who lived in a
very nice house on the cliff above Malibu Beach. When my erstwhile wife
and I went to our first dinner at Curtis's, he warned us that he had
skunks in his living room. He did indeed. Curtis fed all sorts of
wildlife. And a pregnant skunk had understood his hospitality to mean
"room" as well as "board." So she move in, climbed up on his
Argentine-leather sofa [very trendy, that Argentine leather in the 50s]
and gave birth to about 7-8 kits.

Curtis was a gentle soul. So for several months after the birth event,
He opened the sliding glass doors that separated his living room from
the great outdoors in the benign hope that momma and kits would all go
outside at the same time.

They finally did, sometime after our first dinner there. The next time
we went to Curtis's, momma skunk came to the sliding glass door,
waiting to be fed.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W