From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 11:40 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I'm considering...

Are sycamores your best option for a shade trees? I know, I know...
they're there and they're big and they do the job. But they're really
messy and, to my thinking anyway, a trash tree--one step above a
cottonwood or a willow. Most of the ones I've lived with got anthracnose
anyway, so halfway through summer they lost most of their leaves and
come late August and September, when their shade would've been much
appreciated, it was marginal at best.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W