To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:02 PM
Subject: [CHAT] sycamore trees

Hi all,

I just got back this afternoon from a regional daylily convention in CT. Two of the gardens were beautiful perennial gardens as well. Of course, I came
home with a few more daylilies!!!

We have a beautiful sycamore tree on the property. Grass grows beneath it, so it poses little problem as far as leaves in the beds. The guy who mows the lawn chops the leaves as he goes. Every kid, and many adults, who visit here just have to climb that tree! It's branched are like scaffolding, so it's easy to climb. It has the most beautiful bark that peels off leaving a
palette of olives and grays. I planted two more in town in memory of my
mother and father-in-law as they both liked sycamore trees.

I guess beauty is in the eye, and the fond memories, of the beholder!
See my sycamore in winter:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/chrispnpt/album/576460762310895536

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York