Re: More harvesting

A friend of mine who does the lower carb thing makes a pretty good dish with very lean ground beef, ricotta and cottage cheese and spices, don't know which ones. I'm sure there's garlic and onions in there. She browns the beef, adds the cheese just til it gets melty and then tops the fresh, green beans with it. She doesn't cook the beans til they're mushy-it's pretty darned good. I was surprised! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:53 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] More harvesting

I do pretty intensive planting with the beans. The bed is about 4' x
14', there are 4 rows of beans about 6 to 8 inches apart,
so...ummmm...higher math here...probably somewhere around 100 plants.
I do a dish where you saute the fresh green beans, add a little chopped
garlic when they are getting done, and then add some halved cherry
tomatoes just till they are hot and getting a little soft, I add oregano
if I have any growing. I also saute green beans and add basil pesto to
The portobello mushroom and green beans sounds excellent. I will try
that one.
I don't do succession planting because it gets so hot here, once the
summer starts in earnest seeds will not come up, young plants do not
grow and the kinds of things you would succession plant don't set fruit
in that kind of heat even if the plants live. So no late corn, no beans,
of course no lettuce or peas.