Tibouchina, et cetera

It's raining finally... so this is the time the Tibouchina picked to open the first of its buds. I tried to take a picture, but breeze defied my camera's ability to focus properly--so I have some nice purple blurs. P'raps in the AM, before the sun gets too bright, I'll have a better opportunity.

We also had a baby bromeliad--a Tillandsia--appear on a stem of an orange jasmine in the front patio. Noreen kindly offered to ID it, but since there are a gazillion Tillandsia species, IDing it would be more like a career than a favor. It may be easier to name when and if it blooms. But it is a cool looking baby.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10