Re: OT - If I can get through this

Yep, what they all said.  Enjoy Chet's company and let the others roll off your back...and have a glass (or two) of WINE.  LOL.

Theresa W <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Wow- this is a huge undertaking. I say ignor all the snide remarks,
sniping, etc. Just enjoy Chet's company and really don't worry too much
about the food- they will have just been fed at the lunch after all!

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
> For years when I have tackled a new or difficult project I have said
> If I can get through this, I can do anything. One day my youngest,
> then a teenager said "Ma, if you don't stop saying that, you will
> believe it." Now I'm facing that again.
> Chet's birthday was in March, but that was not a good time to have
> a party. Ten years ago we had said if the Queen of England can
> celebrate her birthday whenever she wants to, so can he, so we had
> a big birthday party in June. This year, since it was his 80th, the
> sons all decided they wanted to come, too. July was the right month
> to pick for a general family celebration, since sons #1 and 3 were both
> born in July, as was our youngest granddaughter and a step-grandd.
> Our wedding anniversary was also in July - the same date as #1 son's
> birthday, but not the same year. My birthday is in early August, so I
> almost make it. Anyway, all three sons are coming, with families -
> probably six grandchildren including three steps. Chet has invited
> half of Westchester County, it seems. He has taken the pavilion at
> Teatown Nature Center for the day, and arranged for games for the
> children and tours of Wildflower Island. Our Thai restaurateur friend
> will cater the lunch there. Then everybody is invited back here for a
> "light" supper. Chet says just fix something easy. Yea - easy for
> 35-40 people. We don't really have room for that many - I have had
> as many as that for a stand-up cocktail party but it was a tight fit.
> I will make chicken salad and gazpacho, two of my specialties, and
> have a crock-pot of a pasta dish, also a specialty. I have begun to
> make and freeze a squash bread that, heated up, will be a good
> cocktail snack, and I'll add tiny green beans with a yogurt dip that
> goes down well.
> All of this is complicated by the sons, who don't allways get along.
> They have already begun to make snide remarks. Also, the DILs.
> The youngest son and family are flying in from Colorado on Thursday,
> and spending the night in the city so she can get her hair done by
> a special stylist her friends have told her about. This has already
> put the other DILs' backs up.
> There's a lot more I won't bore you with, but maybe you get the
> idea. Pray for me, I'll need it.
> Auralie
> ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

Jesse R. Bell