Re: OT - If I can get through this - update

I'm just back from a trip, catching up on email.  Hope all is ok now.  So
sorry you lost the tree, plants, and must have roof repairs and so glad
that the tree didn't hit the house directly.  While they are wonderful in
providing shade and reducing temperatures, they certainly can cause
problems when they fail.  Are things getting back in order?

Anyway,
> now I have power again.  We have called off the home part of the party -
the
> Teatown section is still on.  So I will have only the 16 family members
here
> on
> Saturday night.  The crowd might have been easier to live with - the
family
> members might have felt they had to behave in front of company. Anyway,
> I am so glad to have power again and work crews out of here that I guess
> I can handle the rest.
>   The only other lack of cooperation has been from the insurance people.
> They tell us they have assigned a case number, but the adjustor, who was
> supposed to come on Tuesday, has not shown up yet. They said they tried
> to call us and got no answer and couldn't leave a message.  Duh!  The
phone
> lines did work, but the answering machine didn't because we had no power.
> ConEdison wanted us to fax them information and didn't seem to understand
> that we couldn't fax them because we had no power.  Oh well.
>   Of course all the plantings across the front of the entire house are
> destroyed.  I had just begun to feel good about them after the spring and
> early summer problems.  In addition, a rhododendron, three very large,
> old mountain laurels, a  nice pink spirea and a very nice Mugho pine that
> we had put in just a couple of years ago are all smashed.  The redbud tree
> across the drive that had looked better this spring than ever before, is
> pretty
> badly broken, but some of it can be saved.
>   I'm so thankful that it fell where it did instead of two feet to the
left,
> that I
> shouldn't complain.
> Auralie
>

> In a message dated 07/24/2007 12:02:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> andreah@hargray.com writes:
>
> Although ignoring them all is good advice, easier said than done. Maybe
> instead of mingling you could hold court next to the liquor cabinet.
That's