From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Theresa W
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 11:11 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT Cat Advice Needed

Hi Daryl-
What you are describing is just normal cat behavior and likely has
nothing to do with the fact that he was outside when you found him.  All
  of my cats have always done what you describe and I think it's just
curiousity (you know- that inherent cat quality that often results in
their untimely demise).  Anyway, don't assume you need and
indoor-outdoor cat.  He still can be just an indoor cat (just like
mine).  I take mine out on a harness to hang out with me sometimes- they
seem OK with this.  I always have to shoo them back from the doors with
I come in and out (unless it is pouring down rain). I too have replaced
screen on the slider after an overly excited cat climbed it.
And generally speaking, cats do not come when called, they don't know to
avoid roads, they will climb over your fence (and other things will come
into your yard that route too), and the average life-span of a cat
outside is only 2 years.  Are you sure you want to let your cat be
outside?

Theresa