Re: OT Cat Advice Needed

Hi Daryl,
        I have three formally outdoor cats and one indoor cat. Sydney, the
indoor since kittenhood, is the only one that bolts onto the deck and then
is clueless as what to do next. The other three were outdoor and indoor too.
Cody was a rescue and shows no interest in running out...but given a
chance...like the time they leanned on the screen to see an outdoor cat
better...and the screen popped out..then he's out. Cody probably had enough
of the outdoors before he was rescued.
        My other two, Buff and Tony, were indoor/outdoor when living with my
mother-in-law. They went out at night for about an hour or two and then
returned before she went to bed, watched tv with her. When they came to live
with us, they had twice the running space indoors, lots of windows to watch
the wild life and have shown no interest in going back outside. Which is a
good thing since we have fox, coyote, bear and mountain lions in the area. A
lost animal sign is more of an obit in my neighborhood.
        As Diesel gets older, right now he is a teen ager and acts like it,
he will probably settle down. The tether, as Pam suggests, sounds like a
great idea.

betsy