Re: Update on peppers

Baker Creek lists an heirloom Ancho San Luis. If the seed from the one I'm growing this year don't come true, I probably try that heirloom.

On Jul 31, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

I just got off the phone with Tomato Grower Supply Company. I explained
how I'd ordered Ancho Ranchero pepper seed and instead got pimento. They
were pretty apologetic, the woman on the phone said she'd gotten 3 or 4
calls this week so far. She said the grower was insisting there was no
problem but she knew there was one. She was pretty insistent that her
company had not made a mistake with packing the seed, and that the
grower had hybridized them wrong. My opinion - no way, those things have no ancho peppers in their ancestry, someone screwed up and put the wrong
seed in the wrong place. Not that it matters how it happened, I got the
wrong thing. Anyway they are giving me my money back for the seed. What
I should have done is asked for payment for my wasted time, but I
didn't.
I am not sure if I'll order from them again next year. I can't complain
about the service but maybe I'll give some other company my money just
for a change.

Cyndi

Island Jim
Southwest Florida