Re: OT -cousins

My aunt lived in NOLA with her 2 sons and made it up to Chicago every summer. And when we moved to Ft Wayne she came here too. My Grandmother used to visit her from Chicago before moving down there and each summer she'd select 2 grandkids to go with her. My cousin Tommy and I went when I was about 8, we spent the whole summer there.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - If I can get through this - update

My family lived far from cousins so I didn't get to know any. My husband's
family was different and was fairly close to cousins on his Mom's side.
Growing up not knowing extended family made my sisters, brothers, and me
determined to have our children know aunts, uncles and cousins.  It took a
little doing since we live between 4-10 hours from each other...no one in
the same town...but we all think the effort was worth it.