From: Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent:
Monday, June 30, 2008 9:02:51 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Smoke gets in my eyes
Doubt the police could arrest just about the entire town.....It isn't
like
there is only one or two houses having parties and doing this.
Block parties
are very popular here. They drive around, but for the most
part, that day you
can get away with making as much noise as you can
afford. They don't allow it
to happen the entire weekend.... just on the
4th. I guess I am the old prude
here as I just don't enjoy the loud
noises..especially if it goes on all
night.

  Donna

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
  >> > And they are
not legal here

If not legal, can't you call police? Or do you just not want
to spoil their fun?
--
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
> I don't take the chance on folks
behaving themselves around here. It is
> the one day a year I water
everything, including the grass and roof.
> (Yes, I hose down the roof right
before sunset and before going to bed.
> Every year someone looses their home
to a bottle rocket landing on the
> roof it seems.)
>

> Although it
usually isn't the immediate neighbors that are lighting
> stuff off, they seem
to fly over to my yard from the next block. July
> 5th is always clean up the
mess day. sigh. And they are not legal here
> either. I am hoping who ever it
is has moved!

> Donna
>

> "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95
CG/SCSRT"
> wrote:
> We will be in the mountains so I am hoping not only are
people in my
> neighborhood going to be cautious (HAH!) but I sure hope no one
up there
> decides it would be fun to light up the forest. It doesn't do any
good
> to ban them here though. You can go up one of the hills and see rockets
> going off all over the valley. Huge fireworks too, like in the

city-sponsored displays, not just little ones. I have no idea where they

come from - Mexico I guess, or other states where they're legal.