From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 6:09 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Smoke gets in my eyes

Sorry, I've only been catching bits here and there, not much time right
now. Thought you meant they were using fireworks all the time. I can't
really object when they are used at legal times, but when it is illegal,
and i get tired enough of it, I will call the police. They are legal
here from June 30- July 9 from 5pm to about 11pm and July 4, Mem Day &
Labor Day from 10 am to midnight. Frankly I think that's plenty.
Besides, more than that, I think would be overkill, lose their
specialness, don't you?

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
> Doubt the police could arrest just about the entire town.....It isn't
> like there is only one or two houses having parties and doing this.
> Block parties are very popular here. They drive around, but for the
most
> part, that day you can get away with making as much noise as you can
> afford. They don't allow it to happen the entire weekend.... just on
the
> 4th. I guess I am the old prude here as I just don't enjoy the loud
> noises..especially if it goes on all night.
>

>   Donna
>

> Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
>   >> > And they are not legal here
>
> If not legal, can't you call police? Or do you just not want to spoil
their fun?
> --
> Kitty
> neIN, Zone 5
> > I don't take the chance on folks behaving themselves around here. It
is
> > the one day a year I water everything, including the grass and roof.
> > (Yes, I hose down the roof right before sunset and before going to
bed.
> > Every year someone looses their home to a bottle rocket landing on
the
> > roof it seems.)
> >

> > Although it usually isn't the immediate neighbors that are lighting
> > stuff off, they seem to fly over to my yard from the next block.
July
> > 5th is always clean up the mess day. sigh. And they are not legal
here
> > either. I am hoping who ever it is has moved!
> >

> > Donna
> >

> > "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT"
> > wrote:
> > We will be in the mountains so I am hoping not only are people in my
> > neighborhood going to be cautious (HAH!) but I sure hope no one up
there
> > decides it would be fun to light up the forest. It doesn't do any
good
> > to ban them here though. You can go up one of the hills and see
rockets
> > going off all over the valley. Huge fireworks too, like in the
> > city-sponsored displays, not just little ones. I have no idea where
they
> > come from - Mexico I guess, or other states where they're legal.
> >
> > Cyndi

On
> > Behalf Of Theresa G.
> > Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:16 PM
> > To: gardenchat@hort.net
> > Subject: Re: [CHAT] Smoke gets in my eyes
> >
> > I am freaked out about July 4th and fireworks. Really, the state
should

> > just ban them outright this year. I'll be in Seattle and I home my
> > neighborhood is sane about the whole thing while I'm gone.
> > Theresa
> >
> > David Franzman wrote:
> > > Hi Cyndi
> > > Its so smokey here that I can taste it. The nearest major fire
from
> > > me is 40 miles away as the crow flies but its like winter here as
> > well. No
> > > sun for the last 3 or 4 days...only nuclear night. Very strange.
At