Re: Smoke gets in my eyes

When I lived in Hawai'i, we dealt with fireworks on 4th of July and Chinese New Year... and yes, they went on all night!

cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b

On Jun 30, 2008, at 9:02 PM, Donna wrote:

Doubt the police could arrest just about the entire town.....It isn't
like there is only one or two houses having parties and doing this.
Block parties are very popular here. They drive around, but for the most
part, that day you can get away with making as much noise as you can
afford. They don't allow it to happen the entire weekend.... just on the
4th. I guess I am the old prude here as I just don't enjoy the loud
noises..especially if it goes on all night.

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
And they are not legal here

If not legal, can't you call police? Or do you just not want to spoil their fun?
neIN, Zone 5
I don't take the chance on folks behaving themselves around here. It is
the one day a year I water everything, including the grass and roof.
(Yes, I hose down the roof right before sunset and before going to bed. Every year someone looses their home to a bottle rocket landing on the
roof it seems.)

Although it usually isn't the immediate neighbors that are lighting
stuff off, they seem to fly over to my yard from the next block. July
5th is always clean up the mess day. sigh. And they are not legal here
either. I am hoping who ever it is has moved!