Re: Happy 4th!

Just full dark here, so booms & flashes all around me. Cooler & cloudier than expected. No emergency surgeries that came to my floor today. Hope folks stay sensible & safe. Wishful thinking, rockets & mortars to rival the professional show going off all atround up here, I'm off to bed. Stay safe. Hope your 4th has been happy. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris" <chrispn@optonline.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 9:43 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Happy 4th!

Our village and a few of the surrounding towns have fireworks displays.
Individuals are prohibited from shooting off their own fireworks, but many
do so, albeit on a very small scale. That's where people get hurt! This is
the one day that, weather permitting, we are allowed to have a fire on the
beach.  Since my son moved out, we didn't have company and didn't have a

Here's a link to some of the fireworks photos that I took tonight:

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

My garden: http://www.chrispnpt.shutterfly.com