Re: ground bees

I would think that once evening comes they will all find somewhere to
go, so that you may not have so many by tomorrow.  I think the idea
about mulching is also a good one, that will discourage them from
returning to the same spot where they are at.  Can you mulch inbetween
the railroad stuff and around the perimeter?
Theresa