Re: Mystery

Ever see that movie "The Borrowers"?  That's what it reminds me of....

-----
Original Message ----
From: cathy carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
To:
gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, July 7, 2008 12:11:35 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT]
Mystery

Gremlins?
cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b

On Jul 7, 2008, at
10:19 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

> That is bizarre.  I have had several things of
mine just "disappear"
> lately
> (since May) and never to be seen again.  I
don't know if I'm doing
> it (getting
> older and can't remember where I
left it) or if somebody/some thing
> has taken
> it.  I lost a Mont Blanc
pen (expensive) and a leather journal type
> thing
> (hand tooled
leather...and not cheap).  But don't have anybody that
> I know in
> my
house that would be interested in those items at all.  It's kind of

unnerving....

<Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
9:54:00
> AM
> Subject: [CHAT] Mystery
>
> This morning when I put out the
suet cake and tube
> feeder for the
> birds (we have to take them in at night
because the raccoon
> steals
> them if we don't) I noticed the hummingbird
feeder and reminded
> myself
> that it was the day to change the sugar-water.
I came in and
> immediately
> prepared the mixture, which needs to be brought
to a
> boil and then cooled.  I
> worked outside for about an hour - until the
> sweat began to drip off my nose,
> which is to me a sign that it's time
go in.  While I was cooling down
> before my shower, I thought the

hummingbird sugar-water was cool enough to put
> in the feeder.  But
> when I
went out to get it, it had disappeared!  I have
> looked all over
> the area
and can't find it anywhere.  And this wasn't a
> raccoon at
> night - I was
working in the yard most of the time and would
> surely
> have seen or heard
it if one had been so bold.  What has happened
> to my
> hummingbird feeder?
This one really stumps me.
> Auralie