Re: Mystery

Jim...you are so funny.

----- Original Message ----
From: james singer
<islandjim1@comcast.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, July 7, 2008
5:59:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Mystery

I lose stuff like this all the time. I
used to think it was just me--
getting old, forgetful; can't remember if I
put my teeth in a glass
beside the bed last night or if I loaned them to
somebody. Then today
I got really paranoid about it. I got a letter from the
IRS that said
my stimulus check was on the way. Never mind that size of the
check
wouldn't stimulate very much, wouldn't even make me squirm enough for
anyone to notice, but the shocker is they had my address! I filed last
year's taxes in Florida. I moved clear across the country. And the IRS
knows
exactly where I am--and before I'm completely unpacked. Wow! I
guess that
chip they embedded in my head really works.

But getting back to the stimulus
check. It will be just enough for a
tank of gas, a keg of beer, and a box of
shall--so I can get drunk,
drive around the neighborhood, and defend myself
from the elites.

On Jul 7, 2008, at 8:19 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

> That is
bizarre.  I have had several things of mine just "disappear"
> lately

(since May) and never to be seen again.  I don't know if I'm doing
> it
(getting
> older and can't remember where I left it) or if somebody/some
thing
> has taken
> it.  I lost a Mont Blanc pen (expensive) and a leather
journal type
> thing
> (hand tooled leather...and not cheap).  But don't
have anybody that
> I know in
> my house that would be interested in those
items at all.  It's kind of

Sent: Monday, July 7, 2008 9:54:00
> AM
> Subject: [CHAT] Mystery
>
> This
morning when I put out the suet cake and tube
> feeder for the
> birds (we
have to take them in at night because the raccoon
> steals
> them if we don't)
I noticed the hummingbird feeder and reminded
> myself
> that it was the day
to change the sugar-water.  I came in and
> immediately
> prepared the
mixture, which needs to be brought to a
> boil and then cooled.  I
> worked
outside for about an hour - until the
> sweat began to drip off my nose,

which is to me a sign that it's time
> to go in.  While I was cooling down

before my shower, I thought the
> hummingbird sugar-water was cool enough to
put
> in the feeder.  But
> when I went out to get it, it had disappeared!  I
have
> looked all over
> the area and can't find it anywhere.  And this wasn't
> raccoon at
> night - I was working in the yard most of the time and would
> surely
> have seen or heard it if one had been so bold.  What has happened

to my

**************Gas
> prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for

fuel-efficient used cars.

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W