OT firewall

Hi all,
My chat interaction has been low recently for several reasons, but the
main issue now is that I lost my internet connection nearly a wk ago. I
finally got a hint while on hold w Comcast for the nth time. They
mentioned that a Zone Alarm upgrade had caused connection problems & if
that is your reason for calling, try removing the upgrade. Well, I don't
know how to remove an upgrade, just a whole program.

Anyway, I did shut ZA off long enough to check to see if that was my
problem and, VOILA, my connection is back - but without Firewall
protection. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

Gotta go b4 too many bugaboos discover my fly is open!