Re: hail storm damage

Tomatoes should come back, no problem. I've had trouble with corn and squash if the growing point has been damaged, but not when it's just tattered leaves.

Sorry for your damage. I know how sick-making it can be. Been there, done that.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:51 AM
Subject: [CHAT] hail storm damage

I have a question for anyone. Do tomatoes and squash plants come back after being damaged by hail? I am thinking that I can just cut off some of the broken limbs of the tomato but not sure about the squash. I just got back from Arkansas last night and saw what damage we got from a hail storm on Saturday. My neighbor had called me in the middle of it so that I could hear it. I don't think it was very big but it hit hard and lots of it. My greenhouse is really a mess.... and I just called the insurance agent to ask them to come look at my roof.
I am on my way outside to cut back everything....
Thank you,