-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 9:39 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Mid-summer garden

I tried to teach our dogs to wipe their feet too, but no luck.
Fortunately the problem does not come up that often here.
Our local fair is much the same as yours I think. We used to have a really
nice-sized fair for a small town, with lots of agriculture entries and home
arts entries. All those are way down now except for the photography
exhibits. I am feeling bad because I'm not entering anything this year
myself. I used to spin the wool from our sheep too, the spinning itself is
one of the more relaxing things in life, but getting it to that point is a
lot of work.
Got more bad news about water last night, husband is on the water board and
says the water agency is predicting they will cut our deliveries for next
year to something like 15% of normal. We should still be able to buy water
from other places but it's very expensive. It's beginning to look like my
decision on what to do with the front garden will get made for me, but since
I've been waffling about it for a couple years now maybe I shouldn't be
unhappy. We'll see.

Cyndi