Re: green beans

Try this:

http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/freeze/bean_green.html

On Jul 15, 2008, at 6:14 PM, Donna wrote:

what a difference a day makes.... Seems I was looking in the wrong spot
or something, cause I got green beans.. lotsa green beans. Picked a
couple of grocery sacks and there are still more out there.

So who knows how to preserve them? Can I wash and freeze? Cook first? Will they be all mush when defrosted?

I have never had this problem, ususally on package of seeds produces
just enough for us to eat....granted, it is a daily part of the diet,
but .....this year, there is no way we could eat all that is out there.

Dont suggest I give them away. I work with single guys who eat out and
if I have tons, so do the neighbors. The senior/community center closed
down due to the economy, so I can't unload them there either.

 I really do try to only plant what we can eat....sigh.

BTW, thinking I am going to have the same problem with the peas, didn't
get that far today but seen a zillion plump ones. Must be the cool wet
summer we were having?

 Donna

Island Jim
Willamette Valley