Re: a funny

Like I said,
I was feeling a bit on the sensitive side when I read the joke.... I was "liberated" back in the 70's and "got It", so now I can be sensitive in public;-))

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] a funny

Well, Gene...
I think that the line >> "I meant my dress size ,you dumb ***!"
should have simply read >> ""I meant my dress size!"..and then they both had a good laugh." Then it would be funny rather than mean; not funny-funny, but funny ironic as the last line points out - "even when a man is listening he is gonna get it wrong!"

What I don't think you saw in the joke was that it is actually putting down the woman's poor communications, not the man's inability to understand.

One other thing. This joke could have been written reversed. Believe me, I've been there. But I guess we don't all see funny the same way. I can't count the number of humorous greeting cards I had to explain to my 2nd husband as to why they were funny.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@netsurfusa.net>