Re: MOLE PROBLEM

Man, if I had five kids to contend with, castor beans might be at the head of my planting list.

On Jul 17, 2008, at 1:51 PM, Pam Evans wrote:

I had heard that but she has 5 kids to contend w/ (divorced single mother)
and I know those things are poisonous.

Did you know that moles don't venture into places where castor beans are
planted?  ...neither do armadillos.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] MOLE PROBLEM

They have tunneled under her pine trees and apparently disrupted the root
system enough that it is killing the trees.

On 7/12/08, cathy carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net> wrote:

Does she have a bad mole problem? I usually ignore them, for several reasons: 1. The little carnivores are there for a reason. (She probably
has
grubs in her lawn and they are eating them.) 2. If she eliminates them, nature abhors a vacuum, and more will move in - especially if there is
food.
And 3. Aside from those killing devices installed in active runs, getting
them is not easy. People who use other methods and say they worked,
usually
had their moles move on voluntarily when food got scarce.
cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b