From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:57 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Berries

Went berry picking this AM. Specifically, raspberry and boysenberry
picking at a local U-Pick farm. We brought home about 10 pounds of
raspberries and 5-6 pounds of boysenberries. Yum! Mostly they will be
used to make jam and syrup, but also a few tarts, beginning with the
boysenberries because they are the more fragile of the two. On the way
to the farm, we drove over a covered bridge built in 1913--kinda neat,
makes you think "rural."

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W