Re: Where is everybody?

My neighbor won't stop baking. Suddenly she's bringing me zucchini bread, Brazilian cheese bread, and even pizza. Yum. My oven broke last Tgvg so I can't reciprocate easily. Guess I'll have to get it fixed.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:12 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Where is everybody?

I did a lot of clean-up in the yard last weekend although of course not
as much as I needed. Got both the lawns mowed. The back lawn is so hard
to mow. It looks okay from a distance but between the dogs, the sycamore
roots, and the ever-present sprinkler problems it is so uneven that it's
painful to push the mower through.
I also dug out a few more grass clumps from the front and I got rid of
all the weeds that sprouted in the unused part of my veggie garden. I
sure miss my big veggie garden but I don't know where I'd find the time
to preserve everything this year. Although maybe I don't have the time
because now that I have nothing to preserve I'm doing other things.
I decided after much thought that I want a leaf blower. I hate leaf
blowers but the wind has never stopped this year and my patio is
continually covered in a half-inch of baby-powder-fine dust, leaves,
twigs, whatever can be blown in. It takes forever to sweep and you can't
get all that dust up with a broom anyway, can't hose it off because of
the water shortages, and I'm tired of the dirt. At least with a leaf
blower I could enjoy it for half a day or so without having to spend
that long sweeping.
I have magic zucchini plants too, Jack and the beanstalk have nothing on
my zucchini. I go out every day to pick them. Every day. I lift every
leaf to see what's under it. And every couple days I find one that's
like 3 feet long. How do they DO that? The chickens are happy about it
though, they like zucchini. My co-workers are still happily absorbing
about 15 of them every couple days, no one is running away when they see
me so that's good.
It's supposed to be in the triple digits again over the weekend, but
we'll be in the mountains with our horses.