Re: Quiet (maybe??)

How do you "half squish" a slug?

On Jul 24, 2008, at 8:02 PM, Kitty wrote:

if you half squish a slug, does it die or can it rejuvenate itself somehow?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net >
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Quiet (maybe??)

I've been fiddling with my new irrigation lines. How exciting is that, sports fans? Not much else going on. Squashes now have male flowers, but no females yet. Got green cherry tomatoes. Got one jalapeno about the size of a thimble and a few more blooms. Beans are going to town, but no blooms yet. Planted the second crop of bok choy on Sunday [first crop is nearly all gone] and will plant the third in a couple of weeks, then no more until fall. It's probably time to start fall greens, too, but I'm not sure where to plant them... maybe among the bush beans.

My sister made currant-raspberry jelly this AM--delicious--and there's still enough juice in the freezer for another batch.