To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] mildew

How about a weak solution of bleach or vinegar?

On Jul 27, 2008, at 11:45 AM, Kitty wrote:

I have a very old adirondack chair, made of cedar. It was sort of old when I got it 20 yrs ago. I decided that maybe I could paint it blue to add a bright spot in the back of the garden. My plan was to clean, prime, paint, polyurathene. I started the first step today. I bought Olympic deck cleaner w/out reading it. Says it must be used on flat surfaces, leave on 5-10 min, no scrubbing, then rinse. I ended up scrubbing anyway. Got it fairly clean but I don't think it got all the mildew because of all the slanting boards. I may try a second cleaning, but stilllllll.....

So, does anyone have anything to suggest? Is this a stupid project? Is there something I'm forgetting?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5

Island Jim
Willamette Valley