Re: tomato disease

  • Subject: Re: tomato disease
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 14:56:58 EDT

Hope your mother's surgery was successful, and that things ease up a bit
for you soon, Donna
My tomato plants don't seem to have the blight, but aren't growing at all
well.  I had blamed it on the weather, which has been unusually cool and
damp.  Early trees and shrubs bloomed well, as did the peonies, but newly
planted things don't seem to be growing much. My beans are up but not
showing much growth.  Most of what I planted this year just did not come
up at all.  Squash, cucumbers, sunflowers, morning glories, and various
other annuals just never came up.  I am sure that the plague of chipmunks
are responsible.  I have found husks of squash and sunflower seeds near
where they were planted.  I started some indoors in peat pots, but when I
set them out on the screened porch to harden off, they were all broken
off and destroyed by the chipmunks that run in and out.  I have never seen
so many of them as we have this year - never considered them a real
problem until now. Kitty scolded me a few years ago for saying I was
losing the battle with nature, but more and more I seem not to be holding
my own. Oh well.
In a message dated 7/3/2009 8:35:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,