Re: pepper plant issues

  • Subject: Re: pepper plant issues
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 15:53:55 -0700

Pretty in Purple is very nice--dense growing habit, dark purplish
leaves, lots of small gum-drop shaped fruit. Fruits turn red when they
ripen and are about as hot as a jalapeno.

Another I like, which is quite like Thai Hot--is the bird pepper,
which is native as far north as Texas. It's call the bird pepper, I
think, because the match-head sized fruits are love by birds.  Dried
and sold as a spice, it's usually called "chiltecpin."

A pepper much like the Thai Hot/Thai Devil is the Turkish "Kirmizi Aci
Biber"--also a very attractive ornamental. It has a similar growing
habit but higher fruit production I think.

On Jul 7, 2009, at 2:53 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

> I grow "Thai Hot" peppers in pots as ornamentals. They make nice
> compact
> plants with lots of lavender-white flowers and then tiny bright red
> fruits
> that
> last a good while.  I do use them occasionally - they are good but
> extremely
> hot - one small one is usually enough for a moderately spicy dish -
> but I
> really grow them for theway they look.  Another attractive one is
> "Pretty in
> Purple" that has dark foliage and fruits are both red and purple.
> Auralie
>
> In a message dated 7/7/2009 5:45:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> inlandjim1@q.com writes:
>
> Many peppers make exceptionally nice decorative annuals.
>
> On Jul 7, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Kitty wrote:
>
>> I have one pepper plant doing exceptionally well with little peppers
>> on it. I don't like peppers.  A friend gave it to me.
>>

> **************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite
> artists on
> tour at TourTracker.com.
> (http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000006)